Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Progress Bar

I was giving some thought as the best way to keep track of my debt, and I was thinking of a few different scenarios.  Whether I monitor it in straight dollars or if I wanted to do it equity curve style, or percentage.  As for ease of use and updatability I landed on tracking my progress by percentage. In thinking of a style I could track it, I figured the best bet was to measure two goals, first my overall long term goal (the big one, being debt free), then my immediate focus as another.

This will hopefully be a helpful way to track my progress during these first months building towards my first debt target.

As for what do I want out of this blog?  Ideally, this could maybe become a bit of a help for anyone else looking to take big steps towards paying off debt.  It took me a long time to really focus on this, the better part of 6 years (I've basically been in debt since owning a credit card.).  If I run into hang-ups, I want to be able to look at how I worked on it, with the blog holding me accountable!

No comments: