Thursday, April 15, 2010

Since I've been away...

One of my passions besides stock trading has always been the outdoors, whether its camping, canoeing, whitewater kayaking, or hiking, I love it all.  Lately I have been getting the chance to hike a lot more lately, which its great for a ton of reasons - keeps me in shape for one, its absolutely the best way to spend a weekend day and you get some incredible satisfaction from completing a good hike (even a bad one!), and it really only costs as much as the gas you pay to get there.

There are 48 mountains in New Hampshire that exceed 4,000 feet, and I have another personal goal to tag them all.  Currently I have checked 18 off my list, with a whole lot more to go!

Here are some of my favorites from this past winter:


Summit of Mt. Lincoln, N.H.

Summit of Mt. Pierce, N.H., looking towards Mt. Eisenhower and Mt. Washington

Me hiking back up after skiing the Great Gulf, Mt. Washington, N.H.

It's very important for me to always keep life in perspective, as much as we can get caught up on the rat race of life, I find a peacefulness and serenity unlike anywhere else in the Whites.  As much as I dedicate myself to my financial goals, when it comes down to it, its just money.  If you haven't had a chance to give hiking a try, it's never too late to start - and only good things can come from it! Happy hiking!


No comments: